Today, brought algie home. Met with a lot of different reactions from my scout friends. Some of them liked it (mostly the sec3s), some totally wanted to squash it (anurak... actually brandon wants to do it all the time. shouldnt be surprised). I was a little surprised when most people treated it with indifference. But they still ask questions right? Here are some common misconceptions about our little class hamster.
Q: What a cute, little fat hamster!
A: Algie is not, not not notnotnotnotnontonto fat. It is one hundred percent muscle. Fats are just underused muscle. As well, it has a name too. It is algernon, or algie. Get that right.
Q: Is he a boy or a girl?
A: By using the word "he" you are already assuming it's a guy for god's sake, and though it might be quite hard to imagine a female rodent I assure you that there are such things in the world. I am 75% sure that it's a girl, and 25% sure that its a boy. So dont ask me i dun go looking for all the sick parts like brandon...
Q: Is it your hamster?
A: Algie is not my hamster. If it was, why would I bring it to school? Dumbass.
Q: Why is he so fat? Why doesnt he exercise?
A: Algie is not fat. It is just full of fur. Yeah, that's right. Believe it. Cold aircon room, must grow fur right? It just likes to exercise when you're not looking. Coz you doubt that it exercises.
Q: Can I kill him?
A: No, you can't do that. It has a right to live, and i have a right to live too, so if you really really must kill him plz dont do it in my shift. Thank you very much.
I'll stop here coz still got patrol log to do.
