Sunday, August 09, 2009

Happy National Day!

Today is National Day!

Rawr. Red shirts, national flags, pledge moment, singing songs, NDP parades and much more.

Think about it... 44 years since Singapore got ejected out of Malaysia.

I know I've only been here for 16 years. Some people might say that I've missed the hard times, missed all the strife and turmoil. I guess they are right. But it doesn't take huge suffering for someone to feel grateful to the country right?

I think Singapore is really something. Singaporeans are really something. We are successful and efficient, but we complain about many things. We study and learn in a safe, conducive environment and we say that the pressure is too much. Heck, we even invent our own culture (think Merlion). We take being light-hearted and funny seriously.

Well, thanks Singapore for being my home!

Won't wish for another! (:

About Me

Wishes

Tagboard

Archives

Blogroll

Template