Today we received back the last of our EOY results.
I'm pretty satisfied with all my subjects (: Especially social studies, which I apparently got awarded just 1 mark below the great Ben Mak! :O And without having a copy of his amazing practice essay too haha. Biology had 20 marks deleted, which wasn't good for us because some easy questions were deleted such as a MCQ asking you to find the layer that prevents reflection in a diagram (there was only 1 black layer in the diagram) and also the whole first question of section B, which consisted of many parts and many marks... luckily I managed to still scrape the result I was hoping for!
English and Geography, I wasn't really expecting to retain their GPA, because it's pretty much impossible for me. But hey, I always had the feeling I was over-achieving, so this is probably a more realistic view of my abilities. There's still hope for my Maths 2 to advance a grade (just need moderation of 0.11%!), but if I don't, I think I'll just move on.
This year has already been great academically, and no matter what anyone says, I was never a true mugger. I just knew when to be serious. Sometimes academics seem like a chore and you can't wait to just throw your mess of a report at the teacher or dash off some made-up rubbish for geog, but always remember to get your priorities right. Luckily my life is pretty simple too, just academics and scouts, so it was easy to keep things organised. Hope next year won't be too much of a mess (:
And for those whose GPAs aren't up to their expectations, take comfort in the fact that there is more to life than that.
GPAs aside, what will you take away from your RI (sec) life?
