Saturday, December 12, 2009

Packing

Today was packing day.

After being busy for so long (or procrastinating, whatever way you look at it), I finally got down to clearing up the big mess that was clogging up my shelves. There were all sorts of stuff there, and of course, going through them just got me thinking about the 'good old days'.

Here is the 1 star kayaking cert I thought I had lost. I remember, that time we did the course at Pasir Ris Park, it was hot, as hot as Singapore could be. I had a problem capsizing I think, it wasn't as easy as you'd think it would be, but anyway I was afraid of going underwater, as the seawater is really disgusting, and I had to redo it cos I rushed through the first time. Luckily, a pass (:

Here is the geography comic me and chin jie did up last year about transportation, which I dug up for my showcase portfolio, but didn't use. That was really something... we weren't artists or anything, but we totally spammed a lot of information and content into each frame, until you could hardly read anything! That reminds me, some stuff you just can't force out.

Here is the CCA pre-hike log. The hike never happened. Learning that I'd failed the pre-hike section because of a minor mistake was depressing. All I did wrong was to draw my route across the ECP highway ONCE, and apparently it was serious enough to warrant a fail. There was an underpass there, for goodness sake! The examiner kept my debrief short, there wasn't really much left to say, but "better luck next time".

Had to do filing for the subjects. Looked at the 8 piles (one for each subject), and just decided to rubber band each subject and stack it up.

The cupboard was full, so we had to take out my lower sec stuff and THROW THEM AWAY. I really hesitated at that, although I am sure that even if they are left there for another billion years, I'll never look them up, if not for that showcase portfolio. This is knowledge in its material form. This is a diary of my ups and downs. This is an imprint of me. Every worksheet holds my name, every question has had my upmost attention for at least a fleeting moment in my life, and every blank contains a serious answer which I thought out.

The humanity essays were the worst. Hundreds and hundreds of words, crafted to form a coherent essay, an argument, which may not seem much now, meant all the world to me at one point of time. I've always done quite well in geog, history, ss and english, not good enough to top the class, but good enough to get nice comments from teachers. Really, a source of inspiration. In JC, there won't be a chance anymore... except maybe general studies.

Out with the past,
In with the future.

About Me

Wishes

Tagboard

Archives

Blogroll

Template