Saturday, January 16, 2010

Birthday No. 17

Seventeen! (:

Thanks to everyone who wished me happy birthday! Its great to know you have friends that bother (or at least, thanks facebook!). I know I might have been quite dreamer / serious / distant last year, so I'll try to work on it haha.

Happy birthday to Jack, Jim, Jun Yao, Jia Jun too! Long list of people! (: All of them starts with J... J for january! (: Its cool... one of them I got to know in primary 1 (maris stella), one is from primary 4 (rosyth), and two are from sec 3 (ri). These are random coincidences that happen in my life, and I'm lucky enough to have known all of you! (:

---

Birthdays are weird days lol... one night you go to sleep, and the next day everyone's telling you you're a year older, a year wiser, but hey, I don't feel much different from yesterday. Just the same ol' Alvin haha. When's this sudden burst of wisdom going to come?

Hmm because its a Saturday, and I had the vcord debrief in the afternoon, didn't have time to go celebrate or anything, so my birthday was just a normal day. Going to the food court for breakfast, coming back to do a little bit of work, going out to buy school clothes... well, was pretty bummed out that the day was just going by like that, but nothing could be done.

Mood was made worse by the fact that there was vcord results release, which is something like waiting for a test result to come out... anxious, hopeful, worried and all that kind of feelings haha. I know, compared to the big scheme of things, it wasn't such a big thing, but it took 3 or 4 days out of my life!

In the end, after 2 hours of debrief and waiting, got the results back. It was bittersweet, I passed, but I'm the only one from 01 who did, which is sad cos we worked so hard together. Do I deserve it more than them? Didn't feel very happy overall... so... felt kinda weird? Anyway, the hike is just another component for the badge, so there's still some way to go... thinking about it makes me feel tired. Its like everything's so complex all of a sudden.

Took the time to take a step back and reflect. Wrote down my thoughts as coherently as possible... not possible haha. Just got to spend more time to clear these thoughts I guess.

Moving on, a new chapter brings on a host of new questions.

About Me

Wishes

Tagboard

Archives

Blogroll

Template