Sunday, February 21, 2010

Overnight Camp

Overnight Camp is over!

It has definitely been a stressful experience, especially the few days leading up to the camp, as well as during the camp itself. You can always depend on activities to lag and problems to appear. BUT we dealt with it, and it turned out to be fun!

Overnight Investiture was memorable for me. Besides the fact that I was leading the ceremony, watching all the Sec 1s being invested as well as postholders getting their scrolls were... nostalgic? The Sec 1s were all fumbly and clueless, trembling and looking around to see if they were right. And the Sec 2s and 3s were all solemn and serious. I think the contrast is amazing, sets you thinking what age and responsibility brings to you. It brings back memories of my own investitures, and receiving the scroll, reading the pledge, sensing that we have been given an important task to carry out. Responsibility like that really gives you a reality check, reminds you that you have grown up and people expect more from you.

Planned a game for the second day, involving a puzzle to be solved. Too bad the SU was all super tired and deflated from their Night Walk the day before. Really hoped that it could have been a meaningful game that will get them thinking about their own roles in 01, just hope that the message gets through. Working with a big group of 70+ scouts is not easy, just saps your energy in a flash.

Retrospect, I'm really sorry for all the people I've daoed and the feelings I've hurt in the past week. It has been a crazy roller coaster and I'm the kind of person that really just wants to focus on the job at hand. Especially would like to say sorry for some comments I made yesterday, terribly inconsiderate, and I don't mean it. Haiz, think I really need to be a better friend sometimes, my actions just leads to more regrets that could have been easily avoided.

suffer your own cheerful devotion and zeal.
check that.

About Me

Wishes

Tagboard

Archives

Blogroll

Template