But really, what makes certain things so special, no matter how many times you've done it before? (except mixed rice though, I think there is a limit you can eat that before you get sick at the very sight of it haha)
Job Week for the 5th time. New experiences bringing the Sec 1s around, to my favourite haunt at Rosyth... actually wonder if any of the residents recognise me yet haha. You can really learn a lot about people from approaching houses during Job Week. Reminded of my JobWeek post last year. Haha fond memories!
Sec 1s are for the win. Watching them, thinking, were we ever so small, so fresh, so full of excitement? Its not that experience jades us, but there is such a happy feeling seeing the enthusiastic looks in their eyes and watching them make mistakes, and learn from them.
Also, the closer look behind the scenes was interesting as well... manning the counting stations, listening to funny stories and telling lame jokes. And after each day, sizing up the total. Its probably the most physical money I will get to hold in my hands (coins are super heavy!).
No time to rest after that, straight on to SUTC. Camps are super exhausting, mentally, there's so much more to take note of. Also, I'm not a fierce person at best XD The trainees started out really terrible and built up a count of 2000+ and SRIT was super late. Still, great job to Kenneth and Francis, they really carried the camp and took on their responsibilities. The rest of GC'10 also worked hard. Really proud of us!
Left for a while to go for an interview for DSTA... definitely the worst interview I ever attended. Because I haven't gone for any Science Reserach Programmes or projects, there was nothing much to talk about, and we ended up talking about my future career options, which I couldn't really elaborate on. Hmm, didn't think it would have worked out anyway, but yea, it just makes me wonder how prepared I am to face the future, because now I'm just living in the present. Is it wrong to be flexible and open anyway though?
Back to camp, the last day was tough for the trainees, to say the least. But sometimes we need to be tough to put across our point. I hope the Sec 1s, 2s and 3s will learn from this experience. Writing the individual cards was fun though, and meaningful as well. Sometimes words can express what actions fail to convey. Looking forward to seeing whether it works.
we don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
so true.
