Didn't realise, but the last post was my 400th! Another milestone haha... didn't think I would have enough energy as well as stuff to talk about for 400 posts, but apparently I do (: Its reassuring to know that I'll always have this blog to look back at the mini-me in the past and laugh at the stupid things I did, like epic-failing at Malay. Dang, why do I still remember that... >.<
Speaking of memories, today we finally opened our Hopes and Dreams, aka time capsules to the start of our Venture year.
Still remember putting the bottle into the moist dirt during Backwoods, underneath that half-dead tree. Digging furtively for it after Group Training Camp, not finding it and having to give up. Finally seeing it today. Apparently it was just buried a metre away haha.
Had a hard time identifying my bottle. Strange how time plays tricks on your mind huh? Actually, I put a 10 cent coin inside to differentiate it, but it seemed like everyone had the same idea xD Luckily, I had a movie ticket inside too (Bolt, Dec 2008) haha, and when I found the faded A L V I N at the bottom of the bottle, knew it was mine (:
First thing, the whole thing stank. The coin was powdery, probably due to some complex chem reaction. The ticket was in mint condition though, and the letter - its a miracle that it managed to survive, with all the words as clear as day.
---
x Achieve better results in studies (3.8 GPA)
x Become fitter (Gold NAPFA, 10 chin-ups at one go)
- Be more friendly, be a good friend (consider at least 3 people as close friends)
- Take initiative (as 4M asst monitor, as a Venture, outside of normal routine)
- Be more considerate to parents
x Learn more skills (funk, penspinning, carrom, cooking, soccer)
x Do your best, no matter what
x Make no enemies -> Friends with everyone
- Be less introverted
x Don't procrastinate
x Do 3 things that I would never do, voluntarily
---
Crossed out the goals that I think I have accomplished. Still a lot more to improve, and I'm not sure that those that I crossed are truly completed. Hopes and Dreams. Realistic hopes or a distant dream? I don't know, but I like the last two words the 16 year old Alvin wrote on the crummy paper though.
'Go Alvin!'
