Friday, August 06, 2010

together, as one

Lots of random stuff this week. There was First Class Hike, RECAC and RGAA on Saturday, then the two Ironmans during scouts. Ironman was fun to conduct, especially the 24 storey climb (Aaron did a sub-2 minute run o.o), but I think Sergius coming back to speak was quite memorable also. Its nice hearing about his experiences, cos in a way I really just agree with everything he says. Could imagine the same words coming out of my mouth haha.

Oh, and I didn't get chosen for the O team, which surprisingly isn't really a big deal for me. I mean, its a bummer alright, but it isn't something to cry or get angry over, like Kwun says, there's more to life than that! And if I'm going for O team to make myself feel important, well, its kinda missing the point lol.

Anyway, yesterday was RJ's national day celebrations. 5 straight periods of lessons followed by Learning Journey to the Civil Defence Museum, but luckily (or unluckily) we had quite a bit of free time as well stoning and waiting. For me it consisted of a lot of standing and walking and eating haha. Fat.

But when we finally got into Zouk it was a pretty awesome place. Its probably going to be like a long long time before I enter a club again, so here's a general description: funky shapes, flashing lights, packed to the roof, drugs.

Okay, no drugs, but everyone was pretty high by the end. The performances were awesome especially the street dancers (ye oon!). Shien was being his usual funny self and obviously Manfred buffed around haha. And the community singing might make some people cringe, but I think there's no good substitute for the kind of camaraderie and emotions those songs evoke when sung with friends.


Have a great birthday Singapore, you may not be perfect but you're very much an awesome home.

Dinner after that in Dulge (lol) before watching Salt. Its a spy-action movie with a girl instead of James Bond. Action was fast and intense but storyline kinda simplistic, or maybe its just the post-Inception mindset haha. And that was the end of that day.

Moses, Shawn, Srruthi, Laura, have fun in Cambridge! Learn lots of new stuff while we drive our brains to mush haha.

About Me

Wishes

Tagboard

Archives

Blogroll

Template