Saturday, September 04, 2010

'holidays'

It's the 'holidays' again! Note inverted commas, which in GP terms means that the author is trying to convey the opposite meaning. Oh wait, or was that irony?

I think a lot has been said about the death of holidays. Summary: now work > slacking. I mean, how unfair is that? What happen to the free market and freedom of choice? Don't we have a say in how we choose to waste our time? Kinda makes you want to stare blankly into space for a few minutes to rebel against this injustice.

(space) <-- stare here.

I call it the Law of Diminishing Slackivity. Basically as you grow older, your marginal ability to slack decreases due to the overwhelming supply of homework coupled with the increase in scientific knowledge. Known as economies of past year papers. This continues until you reach a age where the slack you have is zero (about the age where you discover PW). But unlike the free market, you'll just continue until you slack a negative amount of time, therefore overcompensating with extreme work. Or break the time-space continuum, but that's you against Einstein, so yea.

Haha raaandom. But it's funny how in the past you're told to finish what you've been given, now you're instead told there is no finish. Done your tutorials? Do the practice papers. Finished the practice papers? Go redo them. All done? Go memorise pi. No wonder people are feeling the pressure.

Me? Drew out a study plan, it's pretty tight, and I'm gonna try my best to stick to it. But there's a logical limit to the amount of work I am able to take, so I'm not going to fret if I decide to pause for a while to enjoy the nice sunshine outside. You're invited to join me. (:

Night Hike in 2 days!

About Me

Wishes

Tagboard

Archives

Blogroll

Template