Tuesday, January 01, 2013

the places we will go

It's been a long time coming haha... well, haven't been here in ages, and isn't it fitting to post once again on 1st Jan 2013, after the last post in 1st Jan 2012? Okay, the previous sentence seems grammatically wrong somewhat, but I'm too lazy to fix that. Too lazy for anything haha. Why must block leave end today?

2012's been a long year - the year I entered army. I think I understand what they mean now, that time seems to flow slowly in the present, but when we look back it all seems like a blur. The only thing I can compare it to now, ironically, is a route march - there seems to be no end in sight, and we keep trudging on, but sooner or later we know that it will end, and when it does, hey! We don't feel as tired as we did a minute ago, we stand up straighter and feel a sense of achievement in what we did, never mind how much we complained about it before.

Haha I seem to be hating on army like everyone else eh? But seriously, my NS journey thus far has been punctuated with some happy moments and even a sense of camaraderie and family. My time on course, especially during Starlight were awesome. Now, here in unit, there's a solid group of friends who are trustworthy and caring. Sure, the road ahead might be more bumpy than we are used to, but I'm sure we will persevere and overcome. We always have!

On a personal level, there's been some down points. Sometimes I question myself a little too much, and sometimes I ask too little. I don't feel like elaborating, and maybe that's a good thing. For when I look back on 2012 many years from now, I doubt these minor upsets will mean much; just a blip on the cosmic scale of things. And it is when we let go of our petty grudges and regrets that we truly can grab on to the next opportunity knocking on our door.

But the main thing is,

I'm happy with where I am, and I'm ready to take on the new year till the 3 letters in December that await like a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. Hopefully, that's when my next post will be!

Till then,
the adventure continues...

It's time to begin, isn't it
I get a little bit bigger but then, I admit
I'm just the same as I was
Now don't you understand,
I'm never changing who I am.

About Me

Wishes

Tagboard

Archives

Blogroll

Template